“Really useful. The ideas given on how to frame a presentation, engage the audience and telling a story will really help” Matt Swan Global Head of BI @ AWIN Global
“It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it” … or present it.
A two part interactive Masterclass for individuals at all levels to greatly improve online and face-to-face data presentation skills to achieve more buy-in, sponsorship and funding from stakeholders and clients.
Many data practitioners struggle to get their message across so data projects and business opportunities fall away in the last-mile. This highly-practical workshop will help individuals at all levels deliver engaging, entertaining and informative data presentations. Delegates work through a 3-step process (preparation, design, and delivery) to ensure data presentations have a clear purpose and achieve the desired outcomes.
Introducing the training programme, including ACE Methodology;
By the end of this workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Conduct a thorough initial preparation and analysis process to align the message to audience needs
- Structure the presentation to create clear and compelling messages
- Employ techniques to engage the audience, including the use of storytelling
- Use robust design methods to ensure data presentations maximise impact
- Control pre-presentation nerves to deliver presentations in a clear and confident manner
Designed for delegates inexperienced at delivering data presentations, or looking to increase their level of confidence:
- Data Analysts and Developers preparing data for stakeholders to drive informed decision making
- Data Scientists or Statisticians conveying their insights to less technical audience
- Leaders needing to communicate data-driven insights to their boards or investors
- Managers wanting to understand best practices and upskill their teams
- Marketers who need to communicate data to a wide audience, influence opinion and drive them to take action
This workshop is split in to 2 interactive sessions.
Trainer; Tony Lamb is a senior data leader with over 25 years proven experience of building high performance data functions for £multi-billion corporations (Royal Mail; Head of Data Products and Strategy), B2B marketing service companies (Group Data Operations; Managing Director roles) and SME businesses (Strategic Data Consultant). Tony trains data people at all levels, to develop and present to a non-data audience. He is also a conference speaker with specialisms in Data Strategy, and Data Hygiene, and was previously the Chair of the DMA Data Council for a number of years.
Feedback 2020 …
“Really interesting to see the presentations that others were doing and also how the course material helped them to improve upon what was initially delivered.” Matt Swan Global Head of BI @ AWIN Global
“I was pleasantly surprised by the immediate and appropriate learnings the course offered, the balance between theory and practice was spot on … I’ve already started applying what I’ve learned! It was much more useful than I thought and will really have an impact on my daily work” Amanda Cusimano Head of Data & Insight @ Frieze
“… provided a directional suggestion such as ‘use metaphors’.” Haonan Wu Head of Data Science UK @ Synechron
“Very useful, can apply a lot, especially when presenting to senior management … Looking forward to the next training with you guys.” Benjamin Hellmann Head of Data Analytics & Planning @ AWIN Global
“I feel confident that the presentations I’m going to create moving forward will have a story behind and a clear purpose” Caro Boeri Head of Growth Science @ Tasman Analytics
“Very useful not only to make presentations, but also to use this logic with other materials” Nuno Faustino CDO/Head of Data Science @ Creditspring
Get in touch regarding price and availability or simply register your interest in the form below for further information.